Emerging Talents from the Department Design, Zurich University of the Arts are part of FORWARD Festival 2018
Swiss Design – Zurich Made
Emerging Talents from the Department Design, Zurich University of the Arts, a project promoting young-and-upcoming talent, will take part in Forward Festival Zurich at KOSMOS. These projects explore the boundaries of contemporary design creation, and the exhibits probe into new technologies, questions of interactivity and participation, radical forms of communication and positions concerning the sustainability of design. All projects are characterized by a spirit of innovation and experimentation, a thirst for research, visual originality and cultural entrepreneurship. The talks will provide insights into the design processes.
We hope to see you at Living Room Stage at KOSMOS, 1 June, 2018 at 9:00 pm.
1. Immersive Storytelling – New Stages for Games, Theatre, Dance and Film. Maike Thies (Research Fellow, Subject Area Game Design, Zurich University of the Arts + Head of Conference Expanding Immersive Design), 10 minutes
2. The making of Monocular VR: An experimental approach to Game Design. Helen Galliker (Graduate BA-Specialization, Subject Area Game, ZHdK), 10 minutes
3. Sphery –Engage with virtual training worlds. Anna Lisa Martin-Niedecken (Senior Researcher, Subject Area Game Design, Zurich University of the Artsand CEO & Co-Founder Sphery Ltd.), 10 minutes
4. Tangible Virtual Models – Intuitive Interaction in public display of science, Alessandro Holler (Research Fellow, Knowledge Visualization, Zurich University of the Arts), 10 minutes
5. New Babylon Creations – Mobiles Storytelling mit BUX App, Stephanie Grubenmann (Research Fellow, Subject Area Cast / Audiovisual Media, Zurich University of the Arts & CEO New Babylon Creations), 10 minutes
6. Ausblick Diplom Design 2018 und Einladung Expanding Immersive Design 2018, Maike Thies, 5 minutes